Saturday, November 24, 2012

I've been framed!

Greetings friends! I trust you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was spent with my mother-in-law, Helen, Alan (my husband), and Colvin (our son). A very intimate and quiet affair, with all of the yummy traditional fixings. I cooked the turkey (with the help of a Reynolds oven bag. I just LOVE those things!) and made the gravy. My MIL did all the rest. Friday I boiled up the turkey carcass for soup, and today, the soup is finally finished. While the soup was busy doing its souping thing on the stove, I did a framing project that has been a LONG time coming. Here it is completely finished:
As you can see, it's an old window frame. I brought this home from my grandpa's farm many years ago, because I knew I would have a use for it someday. It's been hiding in our basement for, oh, maybe 13 years (give or take). And this weekend, I brought it to life. The pictures were taken at grandpa's farm, by a good friend and photographer in 2003. I had a quilt book published that year, and used some of the pictures in my book. The book is called "Quilts from Squier Lane", if anyone is interested! Anyway, I had the pictures on CD, and had enlargements made for each window pane. Here's a closeup of the photos:
That's me holding Colvin's hand. He was just shy of 4 years old. I have always loved this photo and wanted to remember that at one time, my baby boy would willingly hold my hand. **sigh** They grow up so fast! I found the quote on the internet and knew it would be the perfect finishing touch to my project. It's hanging on the wall above my piano. And I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

Thanks for spending a few minutes with me down by the creek!

Diane




1 comment:

  1. The frame is beautiful, Diane. Love the quote and the pictures are precious.

    We had turkey soup yesterday so I guess it's official....Thanksgiving is over!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me here at the Creek!