Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I Wish I Had Better News....

Dear Friends,

As many of you know, I am a graphic designer by trade.

I knew from the time I was a junior in high school, that I wanted to spend my life designing and letting my creative spirit soar.

I have held graphic designer positions at 5 different jobs since high school graduation, and 3 of those 5 have closed their doors.

I received word from my boss yesterday, that our tiny little print shop will be going out of business and that Friday is our last day. I still can't believe it even as I write this terrible news to you. I am at a loss. I have had the wind knocked out of my sails so many times that it's going to be hard to pick up the pieces this time around.

Jobs are NOT plentiful in my neck of the woods or any neck of the woods for that matter.

I truly wish to continue designing my samplers that so many of you have come to love, however that won't and can't replace my full time salary.

I think it's time to leave my graphic arts field in the dust and pursue a mid-life career change. I haven't yet received a sign from "The Big Boss" as to what I might be gainfully employed at.

My faith has always been such a big part of who I am, and I'm finding it so very hard to look to the heavens for help and guidance.

Please pray for me and my family, that peace and prosperity might soon again visit our place down by the creek.

With much love,
Diane


12 comments:

  1. I am very sorry to hear this. I hope that you are able to find a career or designing job that you love. Please don't stop designing cross stitch pattern, your pieces are lovely.

    Amy Varnell-Miller

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear your news. My brother got the bad news this week that his job is over in 4 weeks. I have to tell you I love your designs and will keep buying them. Things will be okay for you. I just feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please know that I am thinking of you and your family during this challenging time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((hugs))) paws are crossed that you manage to find something that you will enjoy doing too ...its a shame you can't set up your own graphic designing company .... love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear this Diane. I hope that the search for a new job is short and the transition is smooth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This economy...I'm praying for a revelation. And just to put a jingle in your ear...my neighbor had a similar happening in her life. She's a graphic artist too. She started an at home business and to this day she's busy as busy can be. She does invitations, stationary, a multitude of things. She has a website. Look it over. Maybe God put me here for a reason :) http://www.creativeinbloom.com/www.creativeinbloom.com/HOME.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry, it has happened to us too, a couple of times .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll say a prayer that you find a clear answer and feel at peace. Love your designs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope something comes your way quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.....I hope it's one of those "when one door closes, another opens" situations.....I do love your patterns & I think you have a gift. Prayers & positive energy your way.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. ((( Hugs to you ))) I have just discovered your samplers, and came to tell you so! You know, God is good, and he will get you thru. My husband has had to reinvent him self after 40 years in the same industry. I am so proud of him, he got a job at the bottom of the rung at 57 and is working his way up. His new employers love him and he is doing his job with joy as unto God. I pray you will trust when you hear the "Boss" upstairs direct your path. I'll be back soon, God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me here at the Creek!