Friday, January 25, 2013

Why Don't Dogs Wear Socks?.....

......because they don't stay on! How do I know? I tried it, that's how.

I felt so bad for Molly and her beautiful speckled tootsies every time we had to go out in this BRUTAL arctic cold that we've been enduring all week. Colvin was concerned, and asked me if I could make Molly some socks. Sure. No big deal. I dug out a pair of worn out wool socks and proceeded to cut them down to fit her feet.

I think it took me less time to make them than it did to get all four on her feet! After victoriously donning Molly's feet with her new footwear, we were ready to brave the cold. We were only 10 feet off the porch before the first one came flying off, and the other 3 followed suit shortly after. **SIGH**. At least she can't wiggle out of the sweater I made for her!
"Mom, does this sweater make me look fat?"
So, no more sock-making for me. Instead, I'm going to channel all of my energy into stitching on my 4 part series sampler. Can't wait to share some peeks with you!

Stay warm!
Diane and barefoot Molly

4 comments:

  1. Aww cute Molly ..kisses xx and lots of them xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww molly , can you lend master bentley one ... we have snow falling rather rapidly again eeekk love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee-hee! cute!
    Can't wait to see the 4-part Sampler. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited about the sampler!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me here at the Creek!