Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow Day in PA...

Hello and welcome to a very snowy Silver Creek Samplers blog post. I hope you wore your boots and mittens because we are cleaning out from a storm that left us with perhaps 10" of that cold white stuff. I can't really complain too much as I have said I'd rather have snow than the brutally cold temperatures we (and a lot of you other folks) endured for much of January.

While my boys are out shoveling, I thought this would be a good time to catch you up on what's happening in my corner of the world. With the projected storm on it's way, yesterday my boss declared today a snow day. The print shop I work at is a very tiny company with 3 employees and my boss has a 1.5 hour commute to work every day. He said he couldn't expect us to get to work when he himself would most likely not make it either, so we closed up shop for the day. Quite sensible if you ask me.
So glad the boys didn't have trouble getting the shovels to start!
First order of business: an update on my transformation. I mentioned in a previous post, my long over-due and sorely needed trip on the weight-loss wagon. I'm still riding the wagon with a total weight loss of 55 pounds so far. I haven't felt this fantastic in many years. I can't put into words how good it feels to look in the mirror and actually like what I see. I have taken my picture every month so I can remind myself how far I've come. If you don't mind, I'd like to share them with you now...

September 2013 
October 2013  
November 2013
December 2013
January 2014
I'm up Monday-Friday by 5:30am to walk my 4 miles on the treadmill. I also walk every Saturday, just not as early. I hope to participate in a 5K in May and another in July. Thanks for sharing in my victories so far. Now on to NEW stitching business...

With so much of my focus on weight loss, I don't seem to be stitching or designing as fast as in years past. BUT I do have something new in the works that I'd like to share a sneak peek of...
"Shelter of Your Wings" will be my next release, as soon as I can finish the stitching. As with weight loss, stitching does take time and doesn't happen over night, but the rewards are sure worth it!

Thanks for visiting with me here at Silver Creek. Oh by the way, I'm almost up to 100 followers. Me thinks that it's almost time for another fun pattern give-away, so spread the word and invite some new friends to join my growing list of followers.

Stay warm and happy stitching dear friends!

Diane


13 comments:

  1. You are one amazing person, your weight loss is a great achievement well done love the peak at your stitching cant wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you on your weight loss! What a lovely sneak peek you shared of Shelter of your Wings.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so happy for you! I know how hard weight loss can be, and I find your photos quite inspiring. Thank you for being willing to share.

    The new pattern looks interesting. I'm pretty sure it will be on my to-do list, along with just about everything you've designed that I don't already have. Keep up the great work. The extra time just gives us more of a chance to keep up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of snow!
    The sneak peek looks nice.
    Congrats on your weight loss, and thanks for sharing the pics.
    You're shrinking! :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've worked hard and it shows! You will be ready to show off a new you and a new wardrobe come summertime!

    Hope you're not sick of the snow. more is supposed to be coming. I don't think we've had as much here in MD, but it sure makes everything pretty.

    Looking forward to seeing your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane!! You are doing great with your weight loss! Thanks for sharing the pics. I need to do this to motivate myself.
    Lovely sneak peak! Can't wait to see the whole piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your weight loss - fantastic!
    Look forward to seeing your completed design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow brilliant weight loss! Well done! I am on the wagon too, currently lost 23lbs, still a long way to go though! I have signed up for a 5k in June and planning to do another in july/august! Keep it up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what an amazing transformation! Keep it up. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! Amazing job!!!

    And LOVE the sneak peek! :)

    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing your transformation with us!! You're doing great!!

    And, as always - I look forward to your new designs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a little late to the party on your weight loss progression, but I wanted to say well done and congratulations on all of your hard work! Love your designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me here at the Creek!