Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Prodigal Blogger has Returned!

A hearty howdy-do to all my stitching friends!

Yes, it's actually me! With life being extremely full these days, I have sorely neglected keeping you all updated in the happenings here at the creek.

Spring brought several new additions to our chicken flock and the need for a bigger chicken coop. Building commenced in April and we finished it up in June. Construction took place any time I had a few spare moments to power up the tools: in the morning before work, in the evenings after work, and anytime in between. I learned how to install vinyl siding as well as how to hang roof shingles. Here's a looksie at our Pennsylclucky Inn:
My son Colvin is now a high school senior and he is also working on earning his Eagle rank in the Boy Scouts. He secured enough donations to install a new digital sign at our local fire company, of which he is also a member. His plans after graduating include going to college to become an EMT/Paramedic. I'm just a wee bit proud of my boy.
I have been busy designing and stitching. I was supposed to attend a retreat in Myrtle Beach, SC last week, but Hurricane Matthew put a stop to my visit. I was sad that I was unable to attend, but I still got a lot of stitching done without leaving my living room.

November 4-6, I plan on attending a Stitching Weekend at the Strawberry Sampler in Glen Mills, PA. I will be packing up the Nissan Versa with all my models and charts for all attendees to see up close and personal and enabling some serious stash enhancement to take place! Here's a link if you're interested: http://www.strawberrysampler.com/stitching.html

I do believe this fall has been the prettiest ever! I have lived my whole life in Northeast PA and I don't think I've ever seen such colorful brilliance as I have this year!
BIG NEWS......I will be attending the Nashville Market in March 2017 for the VERY FIRST TIME! I am nervous, but ever so excited to meet all the shop owners as well as fellow designers.

Before I end this LONG overdue post, I'd like to share one final photo that was taken at a state park that is just 1/2mile from my house. You can find beauty EVERYWHERE...no matter where you thread your needle!
 Please do come back to the creek for a visit. I'll try to not stay away for so long next time!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear from you! You've become quite the builder; the Pennsylclucky Inn looks great. Kudos to your son as well. Keep up the stitching and enjoy the next retreat, then tell us all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! You have been busy with your the construction of the Pennsylclucky Inn. Wow, what a super looking chicken coop! Congratulations to your son and best wishes to him as he continues on his life's journey of becoming an EMT/paramedic. Sorry you missed out on the PALs retreat, but you have a retreat with the TSS gals to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am envious of Pennsyclucky Inn.. would love t have a coop like that. You do great work! And congratulations to your son for a job well done! NE PA is beautiful in the Fall... I spent a couple of years in Clarks Summit/Mehoopany/Tunnkhannock and great memories of the area. Good luck with your trips... I know everyone will be thrilled to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to hear from you again.
    Pennsylclucky Inn is too darn cute, great job.
    Congrats to your son, and sorry you missed your event.
    You will have a great time at Nashville though!
    Nice pic of you.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me here at the Creek!