Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Christmas by the Creek

Hello stitching friends!
It has been much too long since we've chatted, but life can be a whirlwind that sometimes sweeps me off my feet. I have seen so many BEAUTIFUL trees all decked out in lovingly stitched finery, that I thought I'd share my tree with you....

See any stitched ornaments? Me either. Actually, there is ONE on the tree...
This was stitched MANY years ago (please pardon the crude finishing technique) for my soon-to-be in-laws. But I never had the chance to gift it to them, as my husband's father died suddenly and tragically just 10 days before Christmas. So, I tucked this little lamp-post ornament away and it has hung on our tree for 22 years.

Stitching always seems to slow down this time of year, as Christmas preparations take center stage. I have managed to finish a new design that I am planning on releasing sometime after Christmas. Here is a sneak peek of "Skating Lesson"...
I have recently begun stitching a new Christmas sampler, but there's not enough completed for a sneak peek. I'll do my best to keep you updated on the progress.

Colvin is a high-school senior this year. He has just earned the rank of Eagle Scout, although we are going to wait until spring to have the official celebration and ceremony. It was only a few weeks ago that I FINALLY had an opportunity to take his senior pictures.
I simply cannot believe how fast the time has flown. But I am so proud of my gentle giant and love him with my whole heart.

Well dear friends, it has been a pleasure sharing a bit of my part of the world with you. I wish every one of you special folks a very Merry Christmas and a New Year full of wonderful blessings!

Wishing you love and peace,
Diane


3 comments:

  1. What a lovely tree and stitching. Skating Lesson looks like it's going to be adorable.
    Congratulations to Colvin on getting his Eagle Scout, that is quite an accomplishment!
    Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is stunning. Very cool sneak peek of your upcoming release! Congratulations to your son on his Eagle Scout accomplishment. Wishing you and yours a joyous holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you too! The photo of your tree looks like something from a magazine. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me here at the Creek!