Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Please forgive me.....

Dear Stitching Friends,

First and foremost....Merry Christmas! I realize that this greeting comes after the fact, but hey, aren't there 12 days of Christmas to be celebrated?! I hope you all enjoyed the day with friends and family. Why is it that we spend SO much time preparing for Christmas and in 24 short hours.....it's over? Thoughts to ponder for another day, I suppose.

It's hard to believe that there are only a few days left before we welcome in another new year brimming with potential while we leave the past behind.

2018 has been the most challenging year of my life and I am happy to report, that with the support of family and friends, I have survived to tell about it.

My last post came on February 14, 2018...just 2 short days before my mom was called to become a member of the cloud of witnesses in heaven. Mom was such an amazing woman, my best friend and my rock. My heart shattered into millions of pieces the night she left this earth and I thought I'd never see the end of the dark tunnel that surrounded me for what seemed like an eternity.

A divorce that was in limbo, the death of my beloved Mom, and an endless winter that seemed like it would never break so spring could take root and breathe life back into all living things.

I did attend Nashville, just 2 short weeks after Mom's death. I didn't want to let her down so I did it to honor her and the belief she instilled in me that, I can do anything if I set my mind to it. My second Nashville Market was more successful than the first and I knew Mom was smiling down on me from heaven.

Slowly, one day at a time, the days became longer and brighter, allowing new life to break through the cold ground. I felt a kindred spirit with the daffodils as they pushed through the dead overgrowth of last year, reaching towards the sunlight that would welcome and warm their bright yellow blossoms, casting a glow of colorful happiness across the landscape. As spring took command, the grip of pain and grief slowly began melting away.  The hole in my heart remained, but my spirit began to lift.

July brought my divorce to a final close. Another chapter ended. The next task was clearing out and selling Mom's place. Many memories were uncovered as we went through her possessions, allowing a strong healing balm to soothe our mending hearts.

August brought an unexpected joy into my life...one that I thought might take years to happen. I met a wonderful man who loves, respects and cherishes me. A man who is my equal. A man who not only supports my dreams, but also dreams right along with me.  He has added a happiness to my heart that I have not experienced in a very long time, and I am grateful.

Mom's place was put up for sale in October and was sold in November. It was a great relief to know that we were free from the upkeep and maintenance before the Northeast winter made its appearance.

And here we are...almost ready to usher in 2019...with new hopes, dreams and more Silver Creek designs. I have many ideas filling pages of my Idea Journal, just waiting to be brought to life. As you can imagine, designing and stitching took a back seat for much of 2018. However I will be debuting 2 new designs at Nashville Market...and maybe a couple other surprises.

I can't believe that in 2019, Silver Creek Samplers will be celebrating its 10TH YEAR! I look forward to bringing you more designs that make your hearts and hands happy. I could not have made it this far without your support and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Time does not always allow for blog updating, so please feel free to look up Silver Creek Samplers on Facebook. I will do my best to keep you all informed and in stitches!

Thanks for spending some time with me down by the creek!

Diane


10 comments:

  1. Diane, so sorry for the loss of your Mom, and the difficult time you have experienced this year.Praying you have a happy, healthy 2019, filled with much joy and fulfilled dreams. Every morning is a new start to be thankful for. God Bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words, Pamela! I have much to be thankful for...job, home, faith, family and stitching friends like you. Thanks for reading and God Bless you in 2019! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that 2019 is looking to be a happier new year for you! I was, at one point, enduring the exact same situations you were in and so I know the joy of coming out of that storm to a brighter day. I wish you all the love, success and happiness that you so deserve. Thank you for the gift of your beautiful designs. Glad to have you back! —Kim Johnson (a long time fan)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! My designs won't be coming fast and furious, but rather slow and steady. We all know it was the turtle that won the race! :)

      Delete
  4. A very poignant post and you are a wonderful writer! I know your sense of loss and the journey forward; prayers and hugs. Just recently discovered you and enjoy your designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom and other difficulties over the past year. Hugs and prayers ❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep your mom’s memories close to your heart - she is with you ALWAYS! Let your light shine! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so truly sorry for all the sorrow, but there's always peace after the storm!!! Blessings and cheers for new beginnings!!! I so look forward to your new designs!!! 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very sorry to hear about your Mom's passing.
    What an emotional year you've had.
    I wish you a happier, stronger year ahead in 2019!!
    Take care.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diane, wishing you many blessings and much joy in 2019. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me here at the Creek!