I finally have pictures of my floss cabinet to show you. The top part had its humble beginnings as a silverware chest that I got at a church sale. I saw its potential and began planning the transformation. The top wasn't deep enough to house my floss bags, so Dad and I built a new lid that was deep enough. I wanted to be sure I had plenty of room for all of my floss, so we built the lower part with 3 drawers. To be as thrifty as possible, we used a lot of scrap wood. Plywood, pine, and oak were all used in its construction. The whole project cost around $30.00 and I couldn't be happier with the final outcome!
To mimic white porcelain knobs, I used small wooden spools painted white.
The drawers are sectioned off with thin wood, to help keep my bags neat and tidy. The silverware chest came with a rectangular brass plate on top. I removed it, polished it, and had my initials (DMG) engraved in it.
The brass handles on the lower section were originally attached to the sides of the silverware chest. I removed them, filled the holes and relocated them to their present location. Enjoy the pictures of a custom-made Grickensmith (Smith is Dad's last name) floss cabinet. Thanks for stopping by!